KEGELS FOR EVERYONE
by Metis Black
Kegels, or PC muscle exercises, are the easiest way to ensure and maintain your sexual health. Strengthening your pubococcygeus muscle, your pelvic floor muscle, makes for more intense orgasms, more sexual control, better urinary control, firmer erections and better prostate tone.
There is so much benefit to these daily exercises and no excuses not to do the repetitions. We’ll take you step by step through two different routines.
First let’s find the PC muscle.
The PC muscle is a big muscle band that is shaped like a V. It goes from the coccyx, or tailbone, over to the pubic bone and surrounds the anus and genitals, helping support the organs. As you tighten the PC muscle, depending on your sex, the vagina contracts or the penis moves up and down.
The easiest way to locate your muscle is while you are peeing, stop the urine. The muscle you are using to stop is your PC muscle. It’s these contractions, the tightening, which are Kegels. Isolate that feeling; create a physical memory, and release. Now clench your sphincter muscle and release. Notice the difference between the two muscles.
Many men and women have over exercised (constantly clenched) sphincter muscles. This often leads to hemorrhoids. Learning to tone the muscles in turn allows you to learn to relax them, which again is great for your overall sexual health and well being.
Easy Kegels Exercise:
Start doing these sets 3 times a day. Ideally you want to build to a routine of 10 times a day. And remember relaxing is just as important as working out.
- Sitting in a chair relax
- Take a cleansing breath and breathe out.
- As you breathe in your next breath flex your muscles and hold for two seconds.
- Breathe out and release for two seconds.
- Repeat ten sets.
Advanced Kegels Exercise:
This is a very intense work out. You’re learning fine control; control that will allow you to manage the peaks of your orgasms; to build them up over and over multiple times and/ or to restrain yourself from ejaculating too soon.
- Take a cleansing breath and breathe out.
- With relaxed PC muscles imagine yourself in an elevator on the first floor.
- Envision going to the second floor and tighten your PC muscle holding for 4 seconds.
- Breathe don’t hold your breath.
- Envision moving to the third floor and again holding for 4 seconds. Remember to breathe.
- Envision moving on to the fourth floor at the top of the building and again hold 4 seconds.
- Go down the elevator back to the third floor and hold for 4 seconds. Breathe
- Go down the elevator back to the second floor and hold for 4 seconds. Breathe
- Go down to the first floor and relax 4 seconds. Take another cleansing breath.
- As you release your breath go down to the basement, actively releasing your muscle for 4 seconds.
- And then come back to the first floor again.
The position you are in when your pubococcygeus muscle is in that basement is healthy for not just hemorrhoids, but also inflammation of the prostate (which occurs in 40% of the US male population). When the prostate is enlarged it presses on the PC muscles and the urinary tract. Your instinctual reaction is to tighten up, which in turn presses harder on the prostate. Teaching yourself to relax will mean you don’t need muscle blockers to relieve the pressure from making it worse, and may help as a preventative actually make certain the enlargement never happens.
For ladies who have been trying to squirt, female ejaculate, that basement position is the position you need to be in to release the prostiatic fluid. Often after orgasm women have prostate specific antigens in their urine— which is because most women don’t use the PC muscles to push out the fluid but instead retrograde ejaculate into their bladder.
Dildos are perfect for women to resist against while doing Kegels. The G-Force is an ideal Kegel exercise accessory, it has a comfortable handle so you don’t have to be a contortionist and the diameter isn’t so big that an un-aroused vagina will be uncomfortable. And because the G-Force is silicone it can be easily cleaned, even boiled.
Alumina is also great to resist against. The firmness really is perfect. Flow has two different ends so if you need a thinner diameter to get started Flow’s smaller end is very comfortable. Again the Aluminum is easy to clean, you can put it in your dishwasher or wash with antibacterial soap and water.
Older women who haven’t had sex in a while should keep the juices flowing and the vaginal walls elastic doing Kegels with dildos. These simple steps will make a world of difference.
Kegels are such an easy exercise. Isn’t it time you put them into your daily routine.